CNN wrongly claimed today that there have been 22 Mass Shootings in 2018.
Here is the tweet from CNN:
Including todayâ€™s shooting incident at a Texas high school, this year there have already been 22 school shootings where someone was hurt or killed. That averages out to more than 1 shooting a week. https://t.co/DL1wCUAipq pic.twitter.com/Qsw0WlLlJv
â€” CNN (@CNN) May 18, 2018
- April 12, Rayton, MO: Someone fired a gun in the parking lot of a track meet, and a man was wounded.
- April 9, Globersville, NY: A student shot another student with a BB gun.
- March 13, Seaside, CA: A teacher accidentally discharged a firearm during a public safety class. No one was killed.
- March 8, Mobile, AL: A non-student was shot at an apartment on the University of South Alabama campus.
- March 7, Birmingham, AL: Two students were shot accidentally during dismissal time at a school.
- March 7, Jackson, MS: A student was shot at a dorm at Jackson State University.
- March 2, Mount Pleasant, WA: Two non-students were shot at a dorm at Central Michigan University â€“ and police blamed a domestic dispute.
- February 27, Norfolk, VA: A student at Norfolk State University was apparently accidentally shot from an adjacent dorm room.
- February 27, Itta Bena, MS: A non-student was shot at a recreation center at Mississippi Valley State University.
- February 24, Savannah, GA: A non-student shooter shot a non-student victim on the Savannah State University campus.
- February 9, Nashville, TN: A 14-year-old shot a 17-year-old in a targeted murder attempt in a parking lot of a school.
- February 5, Oxon Hill, MD: Two teenagers shot a third teenager in a robbery attempt outside a school.
- February 1, Los Angeles, CA: A 12-year-old girl accidentally shot two 15-year-olds.
- January 31, Philadelphia, PA: A 32-year-old non-student was shot outside a high school after a fight.
- January 20, Winston Salem, NC: A college football player was shot to death on campus at a party.
There have been 7 school shootings this year after taking out these which are by no means school shootings.