Donald Trump took to Twitter to bring up an unsolved portion of Joe Scarborough’s past.
Most viewers of Morning Joe’s show do not know he once served as a U.S. Congressman from Florida’s 1st District from 1995 until he suddenly resigned only 5 months into his 4th term in September 2001. His reason? The classic “In order to spend more time with his children”
Curiously, just 2 months before this occurred:
Naples Daily News July 21, 2001
“FORT WALTON BEACH, FL. – Lori Klausutis, a 28-year-old office worker for Rep. Joe Scarborough (R-Fl), was found dead in the congressman’s district office. Police said preliminary findings from the medical examiner’s office showed no foul play or any outward indication of suicide.”
Why was there a virtual news blackout on this very mysterious death?
1. IOKIYAR (It’s OK If You Are Republican) Syndrome- A disease of Corporate Media where Republicans get free passes on issues and behaviors that destroy the careers of Democrats.
(See Gary Hart)
While Mainstream Media was hounding Democrat U.S. Congressman Gary Conditabout his missing ex-intern, Chandra Levy, viewers heard next to nothing about Joe’s intern, a healthy 28 year old woman, being found dead in his Congressional District Office in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
2. Only days later – September 11, 2001
Naturally worldwide focus shifted for weeks and months as Americans & the world tried to comprehend and cope with the horrific loss of life and catastrophic events of that day.
However, the Media’s relentless scrutiny and insinuations cost Condit his re-election in 2002, even though Levy’s murderer was later found and convicted while Morning Joe’s mysterious case vanished into thin air.
Begin with former Medical Examiner Dr. Michael Berkland whose autopsy results help bury Lori and all legitimate questions surrounding her death.
Who is Dr. Michael Berkland?
He was a Pathologist whose medical license in the state of Missouri had been revoked in 1998 as a result of Berkland reporting false information regarding brain tissue samples in a 1996 autopsy report. Berkland never denied the charges.
He moved to Florida in 1997 and in July 1999, Berkland was suspended from his position as Medical Examiner in the State of Florida. Yet in 2001 he was issuing reports on Klausutis’s death that were questionable if not downright false.
Berkland continued to get into trouble and in 2003 not only was he fired but had his license as Medical Examiner withdrawn.
In 2012 he was arrested & charged when this gruesome discovery was made:
It is more than fair to question the competency and accuracy of any and all Dr. Berkland’s autopsy reports especially given the inconsistent reports of Lori’s health prior to her death. Joe himself said that Lori had a “complicated medical history” including “stroke and epilepsy,” though this was absolutely not true.
To this day no one truly knows how and why a healthy 28 year old woman died in her boss’s office?
These THREE questions have never been adequately answered:
From American Politics Journal August 8, 2001
1. If Lori’s death was just a simple accident, then why did Rep. Scarborough and his spokesman Miguel Serrano feel the need to go to two different local TV stations within three hours of her body’s being found and invent a nonexistent history of chronic medical conditions for her – in other words – why did they feel the need to lie about Lori’s health?
2. Would you trust without question the word of a Medical Examiner who lost his ME license in two separate states (Missouri and Florida) because he LIED about his autopsy work and results.
3. Why should whoever wrote Ms. Klausutis’s obituary feel it was appropriate to mention nearly everything about her life — EXCEPT where she’d been working since 1999, i.e with Congressman Scarborough?
Let’s add one more-
4. Dr. Berkland and his supervisor at the time, Dr. Gary Cumberland were known to be high-giving donors to Scarborough’s Congressional campaigns. Did their relationship with Scarborough influence any and all the results issued by the M.E.’s Office?
Lori Klausutis was a smart and loving young woman whose life ended way too soon. Doesn’t she deserve justice and doesn’t her family deserve to know ALL the facts surrounding her death?
No one knows if Morning Joe had anything to do with her death, but the manner in which authorities handled the press shows one thing. Without all the facts they gave Morning Joe a FULL PARDON. It is doubtful they would do the same for an Ordinary Joe.
This is a strong tweet. Just a few days ago Joe tweeted out:
I’m taking my Trump tweets down. Too 2017 for me.
— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) November 27, 2017
I took down my Trump tweets yesterday after deciding my responses should be about policy and not personality. That’s it.
— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) November 28, 2017
Now, this could be just a coincidence but it is certainly worth noting. Trump has been known to use his tweets to show us his path forward and this could be another example of this.