An illegal alien deported ten times from the U.S was sentenced to 10 years in prison due to illegal reentry of an aggravated felon.
- receiving stolen property,
- grand theft from a person,
- attempt to distribute a controlled substance,
- resisting public officer,
- possession of controlled substances,
- auto theft,
- evading arrest,
- assault on a female,
- deported alien found in the United States,
- illegal reentry of a previously deported alien, and
- illegal reentry by a previously deported aggravated felon.
Statement from the prosecutor:
United States Attorney Higdon said, â€œFor years, Jose Alfonso Rodriguez-Garcia disregarded the laws of the United States having been previously deported ten times and racking up conviction after convictions including assault and narcotics offenses.Â With this 115 month sentence, the American citizens, and in particular those of the Eastern District, are safer today because it has put a stop to Rodriguez-Garciaâ€™s treating our borders as a revolving door.â€