According to a report from Axios, Conservative Media pushed Donald Trump to fight for the Wall and re threaten a Government shutdown.
It was a historic letter and a historic moment capping a historic day, one you could easily see filling a full chapter of future books on the Trump presidency. The wheels felt like they were coming off the White House before Mattis quit.
- The spiral began Wednesday when Trump saw conservative media turn on him when he appeared to be caving on funding for the border wall in order to avoid a government shutdown.
- Trump then announced he was keeping a different campaign promise: withdrawing U.S. troops from Syria. And yesterday, word leaked that he had ordered a drawdown from Afghanistan.
- “[T]he president was super pissed and [conservatives] have him all whipped up … [H]e is seething at the media reports of him retreating,” a Republican lobbyist emailed.
- An outside adviser added: “What triggered Trump on Syria was giving up on the wall.”
- By midday, the wall was back and Trump was telling congressional leaders he was prepared to allow a partial government shutdown.
Although it is from anonymous sources it seems very believable. We know for certain that Donald Trump saw Ann Coulter’s criticism of him as he unfollowed her on Twitter.
realDonaldTrump appears to no longer follow @AnnCoulter. (This bot cannot tell if this was an unfollow, suspension or block.)
— Trump Alert (@TrumpsAlert) December 20, 2018
Here was the article from Ann Coulter that was put on Breitbart News:
NEW COLUMN IS POSTED! GUTLESS PRESIDENT IN WALL-LESS COUNTRY https://t.co/yOTZERmTfX
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) December 19, 2018